Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve done it again!
Year after year, I promise myself that this year, I will announce #CleanMovieMonth and our July blogathon well in advance. It seems that every year, I fail to do so. Now, the blogathon is a week away, and I’m just announcing it! Oh, well. I hope that I have enough friends and followers on here who will not be too busy next weekend to join.
As part of #CleanMovieMonth2021, we are hosting The 2nd Code Classics Blogathon on PEPS on July 28-31. This is the second edition of The Code Classics Blogathon, which we hosted very successfully last July! This blogathon was quite popular, so we are excited to reprise it this year. Even if only a few people join because of the late notice, it will be fun!
- Participants can write about one or more Code classics. Eligible films are those released between July 1934 and 1954.
- Note: These movies must be American. British films or foreign movies from any other country do not count as Code movies even if distributed in the United States during those twenty years. For example, neither the 1948 Oliver Twist nor the 1948 Anna Karenina qualifies as a Code film, since both were British productions.
- Code films reviewed must be adaptions of classic books, short stories, plays, or even poems. These adaptions don’t have to be faithful to source material to qualify.
- Participants may write as many entries as they choose.
- You may also compare a Code adaption of a story to its original source material or to an adaption from a different time period.
- There are no restrictions on duplicates, since everyone has a unique opinion on any film.
- Please include a link to this post and one of the blogathon banners on your post.
- Send us the link to your article(s) on July 28-31! Let us know if you need to post earlier or later.
- Start by leaving a comment below saying you want to join and tell us your proposed topic, if you have chosen one. If you have any questions about what films are eligible, just ask us in the comment section!
- Please help us spread the word about this blogathon with the banners below!
Here are the banners for this blogathon. Please use them in your posts and to help us advertise this event!
Please join this celebration of classic literature and classic movies!
Follow us to bring back the Code and save the arts in America!